CAG is formed by a group of volunteers who work in London and work part time fundraising to support children in Pereira.
Some are originally from Pereira and have witnessed the desperate hand to mouth situations that these children face.
Fundación Gedeones en Acción is the Spanish name to the Centre on the outskirts of Pereira where more than 70 children live.
They are provided with food, a friendly and protective home, the feeling of belonging to a family and a formal education. The centre in run by Rubiela Isaza who takes care of the children, from toddlers to adolescents.
They are taught the values of tolerance, equality, respect and honesty. They are gradually given a series of responsibilities in the centre as well as vocational job training.
- CAG supports and speaks out for Colombia’s most vulnerable children aiming to provide them with a decent start in life and a brighter future.
- CAG guarantees the children rights to health, accommodation, education, food and recreation.
- CAG provides funding and support for professional job courses that prepare young people for adult life
- CAG develops strategies to obtain physical, financial and humanitarian resources to provide the programmes, working in conjunction with different organisations.
- CAG obtains funding, grants and other financial assistance that supports the work carried out.
CAG’s vision is for all Colombian children and adolescents to have a loving and secure home where they have a sense of belonging. We believe that through our work we can challenge injustice and significantly reduce poverty and inequality, enabling the children and adolescents to create their own destiny and achieve the maximum out of their life.